why nicotine from cigarette; why not chai

While everybody is busy in some daily routine, cheering, upset, looking at the people passing him by, I am siting in my room calm and pe...


While everybody is busy in some daily routine, cheering, upset, looking at the people passing him by, I am siting in my room calm and peaceful. After smoking up half of my cigarette, I often look at its filter butt turning dark with every puff, not letting some of the tar to pass through. Nicotine reaching up to my blood after travelling the itinerary of body, turns my heartbeat a little faster. It makes me a little faster leaving the hustle of surrounding slow and lazy.

Cigarette burning at few hundred degrees of Celsius, converting into ash line by line, finishes up. And after it has been consumed till the end, it leaves behind a mouth full of bad taste and repelling odor. Then why am I so attracted towards it? And a question come in my mind, more often than not "if it is about nicotine, then why nicotine from cigarette; why not chai?"

As i said, a question comes in my mind and never the answer. It is okay to let it spoil my health if it can provide few moments of joy. No doubt, its impacts are more serious than the joy it brings. But I rarely think of consequences.

Now, I am thinking that "chai" is totally a different source for nicotine, which I am not addicted to. I don't think I smoke for nicotine. I do for its smoke. The smoke is so peaceful, always dancing in a random fashion, footed to the burning part of the cigarette. I rarely take more than five puffs from a cigarette and let rest of it burnt just to see the dance of smoke. Denser near the cigarette, disappearing with the distance and waving all the way.

Does a cigarette fetches thoughts to my mind? NO!!

Does it brings peace to me? NO!!

Then why do I smoke? I don't know!!

And I don't want to know even. I just want to do things without any reason like I love, I stay up late nights, I sit idle and many more habits I possess. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments