Confessions being a travel writer

" I recently started this blog and it has a very decent amount of traffic and I've written several articles for some websites, ma...

"I recently started this blog and it has a very decent amount of traffic and I've written several articles for some websites, many paid and some free.

This is what I say when I get a call for job for content writer. But honestly speaking, I don't want to work as a content writer, neither do I know what does it mean.



I am, no doubt, happy running this blog as I get to go many places (which I don't) and get a learn a lot (which I don't either). This particular post is about problems I came across till now after I have started this blog. As I said "problems" so this one is going to be little lengthy. So here it goes.

The first and very irritating thing about running a travel blog is you don't really get to go some place every time you decide to go. The reason sometimes is my college and other times I just don't feel like going. But there is a crowd of around 500 people (if you have just started) waiting for your blog. You can just skip few times but they have got many others like you. People move on very soon. So many a times it feels like stressing that someone is waiting and you need to go and write. But I believe that's what I started it for.

The next thing is being a student, I don't always have extra money to cover my travel expenses (as I am not earning from my blog yet). I, several times skip the idea of going to some place. And whenever I have money, I might not have 'mood' of going out in hot summer and rather spend that money on 'chilled' beer. (if you know what I mean). Read on Reasons why you shouldn't read my blog.

Apart from time and money, there's this thing called 'duties'. Sometimes eventually find yourself stuck in some work and not being able to go out and explore. Talking of my this blog, I planned to go out on every weekend and write my experience on it. But you might get to date someone, you might want to take break and visit home or simply, you might stuck doing your weekly laundry.

A very rare kind of problem only people like me would have faced is "you go to a new place and wanted to capture a couple of good shots for your blog, your battery runs out." The smartphones today are battery consuming and bloggers (small) like me don't posses good cameras. So, I have visited places and couldn't click pictures. And without pictures, believe me, you wouldn't read me. (There are very few chances that I would visit the same place again)

I have also felt lack of writing spirits many times while writing the blog. I am not saying that I lack passion or something but it happens that you just don't want to write sometimes. Just in case you want to read how do I think what to write, read this.

As I said, problems do have a count and I can keep writing down the things I've faced. But the thing is who cares! You can also tell me your problems in comments but what would happen out of it? Try finding solution and keep your blog running. Don't just stop writing because of these kind of little things that you can easily step upon and cross.

At this point I don't understand the relevance of this particular blog post. But as I've written the whole post out of my not so good English, I will post it.

#bringPeace
#stupidOnSunday

You Might Also Like

1 comments