Abandoned Kargil Vehicles for Independence Day

Before I start, I want you to know that this particular blog post is just to tell you that this kind of things actually happen in Delhi. S...

Before I start, I want you to know that this particular blog post is just to tell you that this kind of things actually happen in Delhi. So from now onward, before any special occasion, do check the internet and go their and explore things.
 
Randomly walking across the "select city walk", I got to see the very awesome 'exhibition' kind of setup there. In the front empty space, they have put some abandoned army vehicles, all painted with spray paints of different colors. The cars and trucks have been placed such that they easily catch eyes of people. 



What I found interesting are not how the vehicles were decorated but the purpose those vehicles were serving. These kind of arrangements on such public places do generate a sense of patriotism in people. Children do get excited about them and ask for the stories behind vehicles and quotations written on them. This way awareness is made. 

The paintings over the vehicles also tells some sort of stories that are untold. I don't know what to tell you about it more, but I do want you to go and see them yourself. It's just in front of the "select city walk" near saket metro station. I don't think they'll keep them for long. I guess 15th of August would be the last day.

Here are some more pictures of those vehicles 





#bringPeace
#StupidOnSunday

You Might Also Like

0 comments