Bharat Parv, Independence Day Festival

Like every year, this time also, Delhi is doing its part in celebrating the 69th Independence Day. The celebrations are done by organizing ...

Like every year, this time also, Delhi is doing its part in celebrating the 69th Independence Day. The celebrations are done by organizing sundry awards for the artists and cultural performances. Such a cultural event brings together all the states of the country and people of other areas get to know the traditions and food (in short culture) of other areas.

So this is what we call as "exploring without travelling".(There's no such term, I just coined it myself). Talking precisely, there is an event called "Bharat Parv" going on in the city. The event is located in "Garden of five senses" which is located near Saket Metro Station at a distance you could walk or hire a ride.

The purpose of this event is to bring together all the cultures of the country through two main interests of the people. These two interests, I think, are food and music. And the event is doing well by putting forward these two things before the local public.




The details of the event are provided at the end of the post but I suggest that you go through the whole article. Being a "non foodie" kind of person, I hesitate try new dishes. So I just wandered around the garden at first. Passing by the food stalls surely attracts you with the mouth watering smell and you do want to stop for a while to taste it. So I did passed a few stalls and then finally decided to stop at the Bihar section. "Litti Chokha" was the only dish I've had earlier. So without taking any risk, I had "Litti Chokha". Believe me the taste was close to the taste of a friend's mother food.



Not just food, there is also a setup for the cultural performances of dance and music. A well decorated stage, beautiful lighting and calm audience waiting. What else does an Artist want!

The day I went there, they had like 9 different performances, all of different state and culture. I could watch only two of them but I'm sure all of them were awesome enough to get into your heart.





I liked the way people watched the dances. The breeze flowing and passing by your body by touching it along with such a beautiful music is quite a cocktail!

But I didn't like one thing to be honest. The audience mostly consisted of age group  40-60. According to me, this age group has seen enough of culture and traditions. Now it's our turn. But people of our age group are busy wandering around. I suggest that you do visit such events with your friends and family. And for those who say that they want to explore the world one day, I would rather say first explore your country while you are living here. And there's no such "one day" to explore the world but your life. Start with nearby locations.

The event is occurring in Garden of Five senses, Near Saket Metro Station.
Timmings: 5 PM to 11 PM.
Dates : 11th August to 15th August.
Entry : Free (only if you enter after 5PM)

#bringPeace
#stupidOnSunday

You Might Also Like

0 comments