Republic Day Parade Rehearsal

Republic Day is around the corner and the very well known Parade is one of the most awaited events. People have started to gather at Vijay ...

Republic Day is around the corner and the very well known Parade is one of the most awaited events. People have started to gather at Vijay Chowk near Central Secretariat metro station. The crowd tells how excited the people are about the Republic Day. Well, you all know about it!


I also went there to see the Indian Army marching and to listen the highly patriotic melodies by the Army band. And as you are aware of the current Delhi's weather that it has turned awesomely cold, it added a slight twist to my experience. Few years back when I went to see the Parade Rehearsal, it was warm and bright but yesterday, it was pleasantly cold and little foggy. 


One thing I like about the place is wide open roads and all around is a 'premium feel' offices of the capital. The greenery is at its peak with a lots of colorful flowers around every border of the parks. Everything is so damn maintained there. So it feels good to roam around the area on foot with your camera ready to click.


I did click some pictures but mainly I clicked people. I saw some kids who were apparently more patriot than me and were nonchalantly observing things unlike me, as I was busy clicking pictures. But I enjoyed that too!



It seemed like The Republic Day came early!

I think I leave it here and I suggest you guys to go and see the Rehearsals  and the final one is going to held on 23rd of this month. Because I know it is quite tough to get a seat there on the Big day.


Before signing off, I assume that you all are aware about Republic Day. Here are some 'Fun Facts' for the readers regarding it. (Actually not quite funny but informative) 

  • There are just two original copies of the Constitution in the country written in Hindi and English. They have been preserved in helium-filled cases in the Parliament of India. This constitution has been calligraphed and not printed. Such photo lithographic copies are in circulation and only 1000 copies have been written till date.
  • The President addresses the Republic Day whereas; the Prime Minister addresses the Independence Day.
  • The Constitution came into a legal circulation at 10:18 AM on the 26th of January, 1950.
  • During The Beating Retreat, ‘Abide by Me’ is the song that is played to mark the end of the ceremony.

You Might Also Like

0 comments