Few days in sand : Rajasthan

Whoa! It's the first time that I woke up on a bed! Well, that's true. Lately, I've been travelling around the royal Rajasthan...

Whoa!

It's the first time that I woke up on a bed! Well, that's true. Lately, I've been travelling around the royal Rajasthan. Not all of it but the two major tourist cities, Jodhpur and Jaisalmer.


The journey is tiring and fun in itself at the same time. My itinerary was of short span and simple as I won't like much complications while out of home.

Firstly, I am not describing my experiences in this post as it's worth an intro! So my budget was low, as usual. I didn't have any of the photography or any other kind of gear. Neither do I have a ride of my own. All of such limitations resulted in a limited experience but I enjoyed the best I could.

I did most of my journey by trains (yes, the very well known Indian Railways!) and a very little of it through local auto-rickshaws. I stayed in the one or two star hotels just to prevent extra expenses on luxury. And rest, on foot!


That's interesting how wandering around a new city on foot becomes an unforgettable experience. You just put on the most comfortable pants you have and upper can be anything in accordance with the local weather. Footwear might be chappals  but I'd suggest that you do not carry extra pair but stick with the shoes.

So let's start the intro part which I was supposed to do right from the beginning!

Rajasthan, as we all know is hot. The days are bright and warm but the nights are chilly (not in context of pepper but cold; I didn't know what's it called). So always carry something warm.

If your budget allows then you might opt for flights but trains are the best means to reach otherwise. One thing you might want to consider is never go straight to Jaisalmer as it takes almost a complete day and it's exhaustive. Go to Jodhpur and having done the sight-seeing, leave for Jaisalmer at night. Basically, travel at night if you are travelling by trains.

This way you'd end up saving the night stays and the time.

Not making it long and boring, I will leave it here only. The detailed description about the cities and what people like us can actually do there to enjoy to the fullest, will be posted in the following stories. Stay tuned!

Note: "Stupid On Sunday" has a Facebook Page now. You can stay connected for the latest travelling posts by the blog. 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Thanks for sharing such a fantastic blog.I really appreciate your blog to share information about Rajasthan. if you want car rent in jaisalmer visit get cab india site.
    www.getcabindia.in/taxi-services-in-jaisalmer/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really a wonderful post. Thanks for posting such an informative & useful post with us. keep posting & inspire us like this post.
    If you are a travel freak & taxi in jaisalmer visit to get cab India site

    ReplyDelete