Mcleodganj, replica of Heaven

Mountains are very similar with us, The Humans. I found this thought coming to my mind while coming from the place, Mcleodganj. They are si...

Mountains are very similar with us, The Humans. I found this thought coming to my mind while coming from the place, Mcleodganj. They are similar in a way that farther ones are the older ones. More older one you look at, more peaceful it gets. More higher you want to reach, more it needs to be faced. Older ones having a white color over their head as grey humans possess a grey color. Older one holding all the young peaks together in their wide arm span. So does the humans.
//A VIEW AT MCLEODGANJ//

I visited a family of mountains, called Mcleodganj. They aren't exactly a family, but i guess you can understand what I mean. It's a place of soothing views and deepest peace. Holding the Tibetan culture, this place looks like a mini Tibet with lots of booze their. The actual timings are from February to November, when you can have everything there. But I personally would prefer that you visit it in the chilling winters (as I wanted to see the snow).

I certainly am having more than a thousand reasons to go back there again. You cannot sit there free, as even in a cafe, there would be thoughts coming to you. I guess, Tibetan monks emit thoughts wherever they walk. But that is just the case you are siting in a cafe looking at peaceful hills. One has a lots of things to do there. Just walk around the alleys looking both side at the shops, each one having some different part of Tibetan culture. All you have to do is to just roam around freely. 

Walk into any restaurant and you would get a cultural interior and food, surely with beer at-least. Every dish is awesomely cooked and presented, each one filled with culture to make you fill up. I always love to eat with beer and I got to eat that way there. 
//FOOD//BEER//
If you do not like the rush and hustle, never go there in summers. It was winters when I went there, so I got to see restaurants and cafes mostly uncrowded, streets with very few people. I would surely go back in winters only. 

On the way to several places, I made some friends from outside India. A Korean guy [Hyeon], two Canadian friends [Natalie and Michael]. We smoked some hash together ("on the ice") and came back from snow, back to the main town. Not just hash, but we had some tea, lunch, coffee and some delicious dinner together. Those were the sweetest strangers (not any more) I ever met.
//NATALIE//ME//MICHAEL//

//ME//HYEON//
All in all, the place is fun visiting. If you are on a low budget as I was, go there in winters as hotels are not at all expensive. But in summers, the prices are hiked up much. Don't make any plan and try to go unplanned because "Plan ruins plans". Everything was awesome, calm and peaceful.

GO THERE SOMETIME AND FEEL ALL OF IT YOURSELF.

You Might Also Like

1 comments