Jama Masjid; the Friday Mosque

Few days back, I was alone and bored on Sunday. Lying over my bed, I thought of going to somewhere. But where? I thought for a little more ...

Few days back, I was alone and bored on Sunday. Lying over my bed, I thought of going to somewhere. But where? I thought for a little more while and decided to Jama Masjid. I got ready and had breakfast and as soon as I left home, it started raining which I always hated as they spread 'keechad' and ruin our shoes. I so hate them.

But somehow I managed to enter the metro station and life was dry and air conditioned for about one hour. The 'Chawri Bazar Station', stairs like a maze, one over the another. When I stepped out of that metro station, I realize that these untidy rain brings something refreshing with them. The breezes they bring are so good that you want to close you eyes and just feel the slight cold wind over your face. Some of it entering your clothes and some waving your 'un-oiled' hair, and rest getting mixed with your feelings. 

Having felt enough of the breeze, I reluctantly walked a little over those crowded streets with every rickshaw-puller looking at you in hope of hiring them. But I kept walking by ignoring them. My only polite gesture to them is when I have to ask the way to some place. 



Out of the dusty, polluted and crowded view, a white dome started to appear. It assured me that I was on right way and wasn't lost into those streets. After that 5-10 minutes of walking, I was in Jama Masjid.


One thing I found weird about this place is that you have to carry your shoes wherever you go. You can take them into the premises but can't wear them. Funny though it may seem, but I didn't mind it much. After sometime, I put mine into my bag and started to pretend as if I have submitted my shoes somewhere. 



Can you spot any 'mosque thing' in the picture above? I couldn't !!

The place looks like a picnic spot whenever there happens to be a good weather [The breezes I told you about]. From time to time, they people keep praying. But most of the crowd there seemed unaware. 

If you walk into the main building, you would see the architecture of the place. Genuinely Islamic! 



Now that's all what a boring person can do at such a place. There this 40 meters high minaret you can ascend to and look around for the '360-degrees-view' of Delhi. 


It was lucky enough for me that it didn't rain again and it wasn't a sunny day either. The weather was awesome and I loved it. The place is just awesome and the streets around would give you the real 'Dilli Feel'. 

Go there and share your experience in comments or you can make your own blog for it. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments