Full Dress Rehearsal on 23rd January for Republic Day

Republic day is about to come and groups performing at the day are giving a full swing to the rehearsals for the final performance. 23rd of...

Republic day is about to come and groups performing at the day are giving a full swing to the rehearsals for the final performance. 23rd of January is officially the final rehearsal day. Many of your friends might know it as 'full dress rehearsal'.


In this post, I'll be sharing a very little of the information and much of my experience. So, bear with me, the post would grow on you as you read ahead!

What should I have done before randomly appearing at the place?

  • I should have done a little of internet research before randomly appearing at the place.
  • I should have arranged the gate pass a couple of days prior to the event.
  • I should NOT have carried my bag along with me.
  • I should have packed something to eat as the rehearsal was scheduled to be around 3 hours.
  • I should not have forgot my shades as it was bright and sunny today.
How things fell right into place to make the visit a memorable one?

  • Right after I exited the metro station, I started noticing a 'gate pass' kind of paper in everybody's hand. I asked many of the police officers there if I could get one such pass while making entry. Everyone said "You better return back"! I thought to walk the distance in a hope to get a few clicks for this post. On my way, I had a cup of tea and I asked that "chaiwala' about the pass. Luckily, he had one extra pass and gave me one as I was his first customer for the day! 
  • Now that I got an entry pass, next problem was the backpack. Due to security thing, bags were not at all allowed as per the instructions. I looked for the options for submitting the bag but there weren't any. I entered with my bag and the security guy warned me not to carry bag on 26th [The final day]. I innocently nodded like I were the most decent person there!
  • To control the crowd, they closed many of the roads and defined paths to reach out seat to avoid any rush on the road and at entry gates. To cope up with that, I had to walk all the way from Central Secretariat Metro to India Gate [ that too in hurry]. After 20 minutes of spectacular performances, I needed something to eat. [ crumbling stomach]. But there wasn't anything and I had to stay hungry for rest of the time.
So these were some basic things that keep happening with us all. Now comes the experience. 

All in all, it was one good day with something that I attended for the first time. I haven't seen a working canon so close in my entire life. I had never seen such a terrific synchronisation in a group of more than fifty or so men. 

The colours of their dresses, the way they had put on their uniforms and the energy they put in even their simple gestures like walking, is tremendous and unmatchable for a civilian. 

And then began the air show. One after another, the planes started to rush into the sky. Some over the speed of 700 kmph and some even beyond 900 kmph did some mind jolting stunts in the mid air. I wish I could show you the photos but I was enjoying them more than taking their pictures [neither could I as they were really, really fast]. 

Here are some pictures from the rehearsal and I hope you like either of my writing or photographs. And at least one of the both deserves a share!










 I know the photographs are not very great but this is what you get when you go unplanned, late and without any pre-research!

Last year also, I went to see these heroes marching in a cold evening. Just in case you want to read that story too, here it is : Republic Day Parade Rehearsal

You Might Also Like

0 comments